Yield: ½ gallon
½ cup Converted White Rice, Raw
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Canola Olive Oil Blend
1 ½ cups Yellow Onions, Fresh DICED 1/2"
1 cup Ounce Celery, Fresh DICED 1/2"
1 Teaspoon Thyme Leaves, Dried
1 Cup Clam Juice, Canned
1 Quart + 1 Cup Reduced Fat 2% Milk
2 cups peeled Chef Potatoes, Fresh DICED 1/2"
8 ounces Chopped Clams, Frozen THAWED (can use 2 small cans, drained & rinsed)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (omit salt if using canned clams)
1/4 Teaspoon Ground White Pepper
3/4 Teaspoon Frank's Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1. Wash rice several times in cold water, rubbing between hands to remove starch coating.
2. In a pot, add 1st listed water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer very slowly until
rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. About 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
3. In a blender, add cooked rice and 2nd listed water. Process it for 3 minutes or until pureed
into a smooth paste.
4. Heat stock pot or kettle over medium heat. Add oil.
5. Add onions, celery and thyme. Sauté until translucent.
6. Add clam juice, milk and potato. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add clams, salt, pepper and red hot sauce. Stir to combine.
8. Add pureed rice, 1/4 cup at a time. Whisk until well- blended. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Portion: Serve 8 oz ladle.